Sunday, April 17, 2011

不思議


As you can see in this photo, the area I live near gets very foggy. It's part of the nature of San Francisco and one of the main pieces if nostalgia that I have in my memories that I can revisit not just by reminiscing, but by just taking a short drive (or a long walk) to the beach.

What I love about the fog is that it suddenly wraps everything in a veil of mystery, and forces you to heighten your senses. Suddenly things seem strangely brighter because every small piece of light reflects off of the fog, but it's more difficult to see things. Sounds seem to amplify. The cold and wet exaggerate the scent of the world.

The Japanese word for mysterious is "fushigi", and it's one that somehow pleases me in a way that makes no real sense, but I like it nonetheless.

This is my Fushigi City.

And I love it.